Friday, August 31, 2012

Will Collins



Hello Sports Fans

I traveled to Marion to watch the Marion Giants and my nephew Will Collins play tonight. I have a few runs by Will in this upcoming highlight footage, including a 95 run from scrimmage.
In my opinion Will should most of the times be the second back through, because he is too fast and the holes just don't open up quick enough for his speed. Marion has a bigger back that runs the ball really well, but I think he should be blocking more or at least do most of that inside running, to help open up holes and utilize the speed of Collins. I as his uncle is not the only one that notice that, numerous people mentioned it to me today, after the game.
Here see for yourself what I mean:

The other backs are good runners as well, but to utilize the speed of Collins, could only help Marion be more successful. I am just saying if the holes are not going to be opened up faster, it is a wasted play to run Collins up the middle, especially being the first man through. The hole is just not there yet.
The good thing is Will is only a Sophomore, so hopefully someone of importance will figure this out. Marion did win the game 36-15, The starting backfield, besides the QB, didn't play that much of the 4th quarter.

In other games Friday night Fishers bounced back with a win over Westfield 40-30. I will have to wait on my report from Team Coleman, to find out how well Ryan played tonight.
Pike lost to Southport 31-26, hopefully I can get a little feedback on that game from Mr Wilkerson.
Lawrence Central kept up their winning ways at a perfect 3-0, beat perry Meridian 42-6.
Warren Central beat Lawrence North 66-7. I hope I get a chance to see Warren play this year. They have a young man on their team that played basketball with us one summer. Big Dwayne Curtis Brown, he is a good young man, who has a very bright future ahead of him.

All comments are welcomed and encouraged!!!

Blessings and peace,

Andre'










1 comment:

  1. Andre, do you have highlights of just Collins? I am starting a recruiting website and I think he'll be a big-time recruit in the '15 class. I wanted to post his video. I can be reached at koebe23@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete